[TechAssist] Re: Need master remote for hotel set Magnavox EM5019 C121

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:26:00 -0500

I also use another master service remote (G96SVCAA01), Philips part#
483521017656. The 483521917613 remote subs to 483521917561 which is a
T374AHGA04 which I think now might sub to the 483531057554 setup remote. The
following is from Force 32:

1. Press the following transmitter keys without allowing the on screen
display to time out between entries.

NOTE: The transmitter supplied with the set may not preform this task
properly, if the word "MENU" appears on screen at the end of following
sequence, a UR14, T251 or other similar transmitter with channel and volume
separate from the menu keys on it must be acquired.

0-6-2-5-9-6-MENU

2. The following is an example of what will be displayed on the screen and
an explanation of the characters.

613151-1 E

|_ 03 FEATURE 05 _|

Top Line

613151-1 = Microprocessor part number

E = Error codes will be displayed here if a communication error exists (EX.
A = tuner error).

Error Codes:

A = Tuner

B = Memory

D = Automatic Volume Limiter (Smart Sound)

Bottom Line

|_ _| = Corner Markers

03 = Current channel

FEATURE = Indicates current register

05 = Current register value in Hexadecimal format.

By pressing the STATUS/EXIT button on the transmitter the run timer will be
displayed in the upper left corner, also in Hexadecimal.

To select another register, press the menu bottom on the transmitter until
the desired register is displayed, or each register may be accessed directly
by entering the register number.

Number Register Default Value

90 Feature See Chassis Feature Chart

91 Picture 1F

92 Bright 1F

93 Color 1F

94 Tint 1F

95 Sharp 1F

96 OSD 0C

99 Vol Inc 08

81 Input Level 07

83 W-band/Spect 10 10

NOTE: DO NOT enter 82. This is a factory stereo alignment, if register 82 is
adjusted a full stereo alignment is required.

SEE CHASSIS FEATURE CHART

NOTE: SETS WITH VOLUME LIMITER

To access Volume Limiter:

A. Using the Remote Control, Press 07-20-91.

B. Press "MENU" at the On-Set Keyboard before the display times out.

C. Use the "+/-" keys to set the Volume Limiter.

D. Press the "STATUS/EXIT" Button.

Remember: Before attempting repair for no or low volume, check the volume
limiter.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager