[TechAssist] Re: Need Philips Parts

  • From: "mark brock" <brock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:09:58 -0800

Sorry John:
    I  had this on earlier, model50P8341 chassis ptv915,  but thats not
really pertant to my question,  which is where can I purchase Philips
original parts,   this ptv came in dead,  found hot and one of the stacked
damper's shorted,   my quest for the original BU4515AF  has failed,  using
the Philips part number I also get no stock from all the suppliers I've used
for 30 plus years including several I've gotten from this list,  its just to
new I guess,   anyway its got the same Characteristics as an 1885 so I put
one of those in and its running OK, not hot,  but have pincushion on all
sides,   hence the reason I contacted this list.. would the  hot not being
original cause this ?    anyway  as Eugene suggested I think he's got it,
the pincushion amp went out when the damper shorted then the hot failed.
I'll check it out and let you know if all works,    I really appreciate your
reply.  BTW,  I now have two of these PTV917 chassis in with bad hots and
D6806 shorted,  may be a common thing.
brock