[TechAssist] Re: Need Philips Parts

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:29:07 -0600

Jerry and All,

I think there was some kind of shakeup on Philips parts.  The distributor
I order Philips parts from told me as much without going into details.
They are making demands that will kill the smaller parts houses.

It was suggested I try www.thepartsstore.com.  I did.  To sign up, they
wanted more information than I am willing to provide, like company
financial records.  I could understand credit information for an open
account with major purchases, but all I want is price & availability, or
a few items paid for at time of purchase.  I am about as impressed with
this system as I am their new televisions.  In my opinion, they have now
eclipsed Zenith as the WORST sets on the market.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:03:56 -0500 "J Silverman"
<greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Did Philips discontinue their many distributors? We were able to
> order
> through many different distributors by the Philips part numbers. Had
> to pay
> about 5% more than ordering direct an an ASC, but on low value parts
> it was
> worth it to avoid S&H charges. Another approach was to buy parts for
> other
> brands through Philips so that you could place an order for many
> parts for
> the same S&H charge. Where expensive parts were involved we always
> compared
> prices to see what the best deal was. For example, a specific lense
> assembly
> for a Panasonic- made camcorder was $425 from Philips, $360 from
> Panasonic,
> and $160 from RCA (all ASC prices).
> Jerry Silverman
> Greentron Inc