[TechAssist] Re: NEED info on LCD Sony projection TV

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 18:00:14 -0400

Look at the lamp.  Is one side of the reflector discolored?  We used to see
this on some of the lod Sharp projectors.

Also, they might have just changed the LCD and not replaced a bad polarizing
or other filter.  On the Sharps the bad filter would cause a hot spot and
ruin the panel.

Send it back to PTS if it is not the lamp.

Leonard Caillouet
Electronics World
1261 NW 76 Blvd
Gainesville, FL 32606