[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi VS-40VA2 pro-jo had intermit. vert,now no pix

  • From: "Damon" <DAMON101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 21:33:20 -0500

Not sure about this PTV, but check the yokes for broken solder connections
IF THIS UNIT HAS THE PLUGs on the yokes. We've been seeing this type/style
of yoke used on every Mitsubishi projo since 95/96.

Keep one yoke untouched for reference, and loosen others, twist it to view
solder connections on pins. Then after realigning, remove last reference
yoke and solder.

Quick test, just wiggle the plugs and see if video returns, but don't expect
it to, as all 3 may have cracks, that's why I visually inspect them no
matter what.

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815