[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi TV, Model CK31302, No video, has sound

  • From: "Jeff Dougherty" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 11:34:46 -0500

1. CHECK BLANKING PULSE AT IC201 PIN 1. SHOULD BE 8-10VPP. IF LOW, SUSPECT OPEN
R585 (1.2 OHM 1.2W). LOCATED ON MAIN PCB AT FBT PIN 5.

1. NO MAIN VIDEO,THERE IS VIDEO IN PIP ON EXT1 AND EXT2:-CHECK FOR 1VPP OF
LUMINANCE ON PIN 1 OF IC7000, IF MISSING OR LOW CHECK THE VALUE OF C7001 (4.7UF
35V), LOCATED ON THE PIP-PCB.THIS CAP MAY LEAK ELECTROLYTE ONTO THE BOARD AND
OPENED A FEED THROUGH IN THE PATH BETWEEN C7001 POSITIVE LEAD AND THE EMITTER OF
Q7003 OR CAUSE INTERMITTENT COLOR. 2.NO MAIN OR PIP VIDEO, CHECK C7014, 47 UFD
16V
ON THE PIP PCB. PART # 181P502060 3. CHECK FOR 7.2V DC ON THE BASE OF Q7003,IF
LOW
OR MISSING.CHECK THE VALUE OF R7002 (150 OHM 1/10W).LOCATED ON THE PIP-PWB.
PT#103P401050

1. BLACK SCREEN NO OSD AND THE AUDIO IS O.K.AT TURN ON MONITOR PIN 29 OF IC701
FOR
0 VDC,IF THIS INCREASES.DISCONNECT PIN 29 AND MONITOR THE PIN FOR 0V,IF MORE
THAN
0V,REPLACE IC701.LOCATED ON THE MAIN-PCB 2. CHECK BLANKING PULSE AT IC201 PIN 1.
SHOULD BE 8-10VPP. IF LOW, SUSPECT OPEN R585 (1.2 OHM 1.2W). LOCATED ON MAIN PCB
AT FBT PIN 5.

Jeff

FAX 717-564-4952
Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video & Electronics      Be careful of your thoughts.
501 Luther Rd                        They may become your words
Harrisburg, PA 17111                            any moment.
717-909-8844
VCR tips, electronics info & general interest.
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net
www.thetoolcaddy.com www.9-11-2001tragedy.com