[TechAssist] Mitsubishi TV, Model CK31302, No video, has sound

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 19:27:57 -0600

Customer said had vertical problems, but "A slap on the side would make
it work."  Then it died.

Found bad connections on vertical output.  Resoldered board.  Set would
power up with sound, but black screen and no OSD.  Changing input to
external gave blue screen, again w/ no OSD.

Found diode D582 shorted, R585 open, and R520 reading high ohms (35K, I
think).  I couldn't cross D582; replaced with NTE585.  Replaced R585 w/
1.2 ohm, 1/2 wt.  R520 <appears to be> brown, brown, black, silver, red.
That would be 1.1 ohm.  Replaced w/ 1.0 ohm, 1/2 watt.

Tech said set came on with video, but shut down.  Pulled chassis.
Installed parts checked good.  No blown fuses.  I suspect he had a loose
connector somewhere, but would like some verification, please.

I have no service manual and Sams does not cover this model.  Someone
with this manual, can you verify the parts I replaced and the circuit
they are in.

BTW,  suspecting the PIP module, the module was bypassed (before the bad
components were found) with no change in the symptoms.

Thanks for any help on this one.  I had wanted to get this fixed so the
customer could watch the Iron Bowl Game,  (Alabama vs. Auburn) tomorrow
afternoon.  Roll Tide!

TIA,

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services