[TechAssist] Mitsubishi Projo Model VS4507\Shutdn problem

  • From: armando guerra <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:06:22 -0700

The customer said that some times when he tries to power up the set,it
just clicks but no sound and no pix.He will do this about 4\5 times and
then it finally comes on with a good pix.He brought it in and when I
tried it,I can hear high voltage come up and then shutsdn.
I waited a little while and tried it again and after 4 tries,it did come
on.I don't have the sm but it sounds like it needs the cm-401
kit.(vertical ckt repair) unless this model does not take that kit.I
know that the yokes are a common failure on this sets but from my
experience is that when they go bad,the set will alway's go into shutdn
and will not let the tv come on.Can anyone that remembers this chasis
let me know if it uses the cm kit.Mean while I am going to look at the
caps in the ps.I remember having some caps in that bd also go bad and
cause a no start problem,especially C920 and C911.
Thanks for your help.
Mando
Birdie's TV & Electronics
Casa  Grande, AZ