[TechAssist] Re: Mits CS2656R Follow up

  • From: "James M. Knoble" <jmk1938@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:22:10 -0400

The old Mits are loaded with bad caps. Start with the power supply caps.
Here are some tips:
TELEVISION  MITSUBISHI  CS2656R  NO VIDEO MOVE SERVICE SWITCH COMES/GOES
AGC?  CLUE CONDUCTIVE ON PCB C773 470UF 5OV BEHIND TUNER
TELEVISION  MGA  CS2656R  INTERMITTANT VIDEO  REMOVE C772, REMOVE GLUE
(CONDUCTING) FROM PCB, REPLACE
TELEVISION  MITSUBISHI  CS2656R  INTERMITTENT OR NO TUNER VIDEO  CHECK FOR
SHORTED C110 LOCATED AT PIN 10 OF IC201
TELEVISION  MITSUBISHI  CS2656R  AGC OVERLOAD  REPLACE OPEN L100.
TELEVISION  MITSUBISHI  CS2656R  PICTURE STRETCHED VERTICALLY AT TOP  REPLACE
CAPACITOR C565
TELEVISION  MITSUBISHI  CS2656R  NO AUDIO  REPLACE CAPACITOR C335 (NOTE: DC
VOLTAGE AT PIN 34 OF IC201 LOW)
TELEVISION  MITSUBISHI  CS2656R  AFT ADJUSTMENT INOPERATIAVE  CHECK C103 MAY
BE LEAKY PIN 37 OF IC201 READS 3V INSTEAD OF 6.5V

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:11:55 -0400, Bob@Bobs tv wrote

--------------------------
James M. Knoble
jmk1938@xxxxxxxxxx