[TechAssist] Mits CS2656R Help

  • From: "Bob@Bobs tv" <woodman1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:19:34 -0400

When this set was left, customer said set picture would scramble and go dead in
an hour or 2 days.. We hooked up and set worked fine for like 2 hours.. Then,
we lost sound and screen went dark... turning up screen we found we had no
vertical sweep.. We replaced scan diode {checked ok} 26v supply thought it
feeds vert/audio. We did have B+ on audio chip and vert output chip when set
was not working.. Today went to work on this set, has sound, grey screen and
scrambled out of sync pix.. removing bottom shield found found glue had damaged
trace near jungle chip, repaired and the same, scrambled pix. Probably another
supply  voltage missing..But without a print its very hard to trace and there
is no sams listed..Hope someone has some ideas..
Thanks...

Bob,

Bobs TV   Worcester, ma

woodman1@xxxxxxxx