[TechAssist] Magnavox TS3262 (32R503)

  • From: "repair11" <repair11@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 23:38:58 -0500

Magnavox TS3262(32R503)

I ran a call on this set, customer said went out during storm. I found set
clicking on then off(degauss relay), I saw an arc from pin transomer,
repaired connection, I then measured B+, was 136 in stby, when hit power
button, went to 34 volts, I pulled chassis . I jigged chassis  up on 25 inch
mag . I found D502 shorted, which without print appeared to be pin damper,
it is a by228, which is the same as the RCA damper. I replaced it, turned
set it immediatedly blew diode. can find no open or shortd caps in pin ckt
or sweep, I inadvertently fired up with d 502 disconnected, and set came on
and ran but with a very narrow raster with severe horiz foldover in middle
of screen, hot not damaged and fly rings good, either a print or some

Charles Betzler
Best Electronics
repair11@xxxxxxx