[TechAssist] Magnavox RP2780A101 (Chassis 27T101) video problem

  • From: "Shaun" <satguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tech" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 23:19:54 -0700

This unit when turned on will come up with no video but the channel and time
in the corner. It has sound. If I push the pip on button the picture will
come on and work fine. If I unplug the AC and plug it back in and turn it on
same boat it has no video until I push the pip button. When I push the pip
on button and the picture comes on the pip picture is there also and the
picture will stay on if I turn off the pip. I replaced C14 on the pip board
and all others checked good. the only voltage that differs then the
schematic I have found is pin 49 on IC2 on the pip board it measures 1.2
volts. Schematic says 4.9 but stay the same picture or not. The IC2 on the
pip is NLA anyone have a junker pip board or any other good ideas?

Shaun

Advanced Electronics
224 West Riverview Ave.
Fort Morgan, CO 80701