[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox PROJO, Model PR3952 B101, 1993 model, slow to turn on HV, 2 guns cloudy

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:32:54 -0600

I'm a little cheaper than that, (under $200) but agree with you on not
doing it in the home.  To many starving lawyers.

Takes me about two hours, start to finish, to do two tubes.  Customer
thinks you are charging $100 per hour, plus the service call.  Like you,
I want it in the shop where I can check it for at least 24 hours for
leaks and have everything at hand if something goes wrong.  Like a
midwife delivering a baby at home.  If complications develop, things can
get nasty.

Ken Smith
Gulf Technical Services
3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:35:14 -0500 "Dave Huston"
<HustonTV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I generally charge $250-$300 including fluid, depending on time &
> difficulty
> to remove crt assy. A little less if set is brought into shop by
> customer.
> I've never had to replace a gasket. I would never try to do this job
> in the
> home. Too risky & requires special tools plus there's no way to
> check for
> slow leaks.
>
> Dave Huston
> Huston TV & Electronics