[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox MC194DMG01 TV/VCR No Video

  • From: Svatek227@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 00:56:14 EDT

Check for electrolytics in video circuits or resistors if the customer heard
the pop there should be visual evidence too. It could be the TV/video
switching circuit also.  Other things to look for are missing caps ie leads
only
soldered to board. smell any fish oil odor? also resistors blown away or open
does
it have a UL logo on the back? what are the numbers in the circle (I have a
list of OEM's based on  the UL codes as well as the FCCID codes)
Joe Svatek
Owner
Svatek's Electronics (est. 1982)
227 Marten St.
Neenah,WI 54956-2520
Phone: (920) 751-8937
Fax :    (920) 751-3727
email:    Svatek227@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 8/15/2003 2:25:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
jstielau@xxxxxxxx writes:

> Make: Magnavox
> Model: MC194DMG01 TV/VCR Combo circa 2002
> Problem: No Video from TV or VCR. Audio OK. No OSD. Turning up G2 we have
> full raster.
>
> Customer stated the set made a POP then lost all video.
>
> Surface mount processors!  No Schematic!  Anyone have the files that will
> help?!
>
> Jeff Stielau
> Shoreline Electronics Repair
> 344 East Main Street