[TechAssist] Re: Magnavox 60P8241,PTV915 proj. shuts off after 1 min, getting worse

  • From: George Johnson <geojohn49@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 06:10:40 -0800 (PST)

Note to Fellow Techs,
  SSB is the small signal board and SSM is the small
signal module. The SSB is on the left side of the SSM
and is not enclosed or shielded. This SSB has numerous
surface mount IC's on it and cause all sorts of
problems. There have been service bulletins issued on
repairing the SSB. This board should be in your
inventory if you plan on doing Philips repair. Takes
only a minute to pop a new one in.

                   George
--- Garbage <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> NOTE TO PHILLIP BADER: I've had 2 in for 130V
> regulator adjustments with
> shutdown/blinks. I think I adjusted it to 128.5 ~
> 129.5.
>
> Damon Brunger
> Telrad Electronic Services
> Ft Wayne, IN 46815
>
> NOW I HAVE A PROBLEM:
>
> Is there any chance that you've had the PTV shutdown
> in 1 minute or possibly
> blink 9 times at you >>after<< replacing the SSM???
>
> That's what we're up against, and we've had 2 SSM's
> from NAP (one was dead).
>
> Before, the TV worked....but there was a green vert
> line composed of
> dots/slashes present on most/all channels (kinda
> looked like the time code
> pulses in the vert sync/blanking bar). Per NAP we
> replaced the HOP card with
> no change, now we're playing with the SSM, and Thank
> God we didn't go for
> the (SSB??) all at the same time.
> I better double check this:
>
> LSB = Large Signal Board (power/deflection)
> SSB = Small Signal Board (board with all the stand
> up cards/tuners)
> SSM = Small Signal Module (video/micro card
> completely wrapped in Shielding)
>
> Yeah I think these are the correct terms. Anyways,
> the SSM seems to cause
> shutdown, and worse yet, after RE-INSTALLING the
> original SSM it STILL
> Shutsdown and blinks 9 times....I thought I may have
> swapped the ribbon
> cables around on it. But the other tech says its
> impossible.
>
> So.....9 blinks means what???  NO Vert? Bad Data??
> Go buy a new set???
>
> Any ideas out there??   TIA
>
> Damon Brunger
> Telrad Electronic Services