[TechAssist] Magnavox 60P8241,PTV915 proj. shuts off after 1 min, getting worse

  • From: "Garbage" <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:03:25 -0500

NOTE TO PHILLIP BADER: I've had 2 in for 130V regulator adjustments with
shutdown/blinks. I think I adjusted it to 128.5 ~ 129.5.

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronic Services
Ft Wayne, IN 46815

NOW I HAVE A PROBLEM:

Is there any chance that you've had the PTV shutdown in 1 minute or possibly
blink 9 times at you >>after<< replacing the SSM???

That's what we're up against, and we've had 2 SSM's from NAP (one was dead).

Before, the TV worked....but there was a green vert line composed of
dots/slashes present on most/all channels (kinda looked like the time code
pulses in the vert sync/blanking bar). Per NAP we replaced the HOP card with
no change, now we're playing with the SSM, and Thank God we didn't go for
the (SSB??) all at the same time.
I better double check this:

LSB = Large Signal Board (power/deflection)
SSB = Small Signal Board (board with all the stand up cards/tuners)
SSM = Small Signal Module (video/micro card completely wrapped in Shielding)

Yeah I think these are the correct terms. Anyways, the SSM seems to cause
shutdown, and worse yet, after RE-INSTALLING the original SSM it STILL
Shutsdown and blinks 9 times....I thought I may have swapped the ribbon
cables around on it. But the other tech says its impossible.

So.....9 blinks means what???  NO Vert? Bad Data?? Go buy a new set???

Any ideas out there??   TIA