[TechAssist] Re: Laptop

  • From: Gaetan <techno1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:30:46 -0500

 Try twisting it , (I mean try to warp it) when powering it on .
grab by the corners and force a bit , in a steady warping action (opposing
forces by corners)
If it boots ....... you have a bad contact somewhere ..... probably due by
aging , and .... shocks , etc
rarely motherboards die ...(unless stroke by lightning),  more often the
socket of the microprocessor looses pressure on its multiple contacts .

another thing .... have you check the CMOS battery ?? just in case...

and , in a laptop . so many parts are removable (hard drive , floppy ,
cd-rom, batterie , memory sticks ..).. be sure all these parts are real good
inserted into their connectors , and deeply engaged .

hope this help

Gaetan Bourgouin
Techno Logik
Terrebonne  Que. Can.
techno1@xxxxxxxxxxxx

At 17:56 28-02-02 -0500, you wrote:

Try plugging in a ps2 keyboard to the ps2 port on the side and turning it
on.  I've repaired/replaced many compaq keyboards in laptops.
I have an old 266 presario laptop that has a good mainboard and cpu in it if
it will help you.

Frank
Rs-Tek Inc.