[TechAssist] Re: LXI M#564.54710751 (Toshiba) mfg. 3/88, video driver prob.

  • From: "teltek2" <teltek2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 09:48:44 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Resolder the wire harness that runs up to the CRT. There is a connector o=
the Kine Drive board, top/right side of board. Resolder all these connect=
ion
 I believe there are 9.=0D
=0D
-Ed-=0D
=0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
=0D
From: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=0D
Date: December 09, 2002 09:42:30 AM=0D
To: Undisclosed.Recipients@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=0D
Subject: [TechAssist] LXI M#564.54710751 (Toshiba) mfg. 3/88, video drive=
prob.=0D
=0D
Hi,=0D
I have an old sears 35", 564.54710751 made by Toshiba.=0D
No chassis number found and I have not been able to cross to any Toshiba=0D
numbers. Sams is available only by photocopy.=0D
Set came in with intermittent vert. deflection. Found the usual bad solde=
r=0D
joints throughout the chassis. Esr'd the electros and didn't find anythin=
g=0D
else bad. Traced my footsteps for possible solder bridges, connectors in=0D
the wrong place, etc. (none found).=0D
Problem now is I have full deflection but have washed out video. The=0D
picture looks like the usual symptom you get on the Zeniths that have the=
=0D
transistor shorted on the crt board.=0D
I'm not sure if it is a ABL problem or a video driver problem. I have 36=0D
volts on the RGB collectors but can bias the transistors to turn off and=0D
give me my 200 volts. However, when I turn up G2, I get a pulsing on the=0D
screen and momentarily get good video while it is pulsing ( pulses at rat=
e=0D
of about one second). The RGB collectors then pulse from 36 to 145 volts.=
=0D
If anyone has any ideas or has a cure or possibly run a scan of the video=
=0D
driver and ABL circuits.=0D
Thanks,=0D
Daryl=0D
Daryl's TV=0D
3310 Dyer St.=0D
El Paso, TX 79930=0D
915-565-9184=0D
915-564-1024 Fax=0D
http://dynacomp.freeyellow.com=0D
=0D
------------------------------------------=0D
Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here:=0D
http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.html=0D
To REMOVE your email address, click here:=0D
http://www.tech-assist.org/unsubb.html=0D
To CHANGE your email address, click here:=0D
http://www.techassist.net/forms/change.html=0D
=0D
=2E

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: