[TechAssist] Kenwood stereo receiver VR-306, need pinouts of STK410-030

  • From: Gary McCartney <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:34:22 -0400

I have this Kenwood stereo receiver model VR-306 and the unit shuts down
a few seconds after power switched pressed. It will run with output
module STK410-030 removed from the circuit, or it will run with the STK
installed but the wide ribbon cable from the main board to the front
panel disconnected.

I have tried a new STK but that didn't solve the problem. I am now
attempting to trace the protect circuit but don't have a schematic or
pinout of the STK410-030. I checked Google, B&D, and Tech Assist members
page. There is a manual for a different Kenwood there but it uses a
differnet module with less number of pins.

So far the only voltages I have detected that don't seem right is across
R361 or R362. One of them has a voltage (26V if I remember corectly) and
the other resistor doesn't have a voltage across it. Both these
resistors appear to go to the output module, probably one resistor for
one channel, the other resitor for the other channel.

Thanks for any help.
--

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics