[TechAssist] Re: Karaoke, Brand-VocoPro, No disk rotation

  • From: rogerfixit@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 23:30:03 -0500

Test spindle motor with external voltage- probably ok
Try to find RF test point. Scope it and adjust laser output control
(usually on back side of laser - the one we are not supposed to touch!!)
to crank up laser.
If you cant find test point, tweak control in either direction and see if
it helps. It doesnt work now - cant get any worse.
On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 11:07:28 -0600 gulftech@xxxxxxxx writes:

> Friends,
>
> This is the first karaoke we have taken in.  (May be my last!)  Took
> it
> only because it belongs to a school I do work for.  Can not find a
> model
> number anywhere.  This unit resembles a floor speaker about 18
> inches
> square and two feet high, with castors.
>
> The disk does not spin at all, except when power is turned on.  Then
> it
> "bumps" a 10-20 degrees.  I have cleaned the lens.  With no disk in,
> the
> lens attempts to focus, moves on the rails, tries to focus again,
> and
> repeats.  I cannot see if the laser turns on.
>
> The school tells me the unit was purchased from Radio Shack.  The
> first
> unit they bought was replaced by RS because, in her words, "It could
> not
> be repaired, and nobody in the VocoPro company in Industry,
> California
> spoke English.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> TIA,
>

> Ken Smith
> Gulf Technical Services
> 3034 Gulf Breeze Parkway
> Gulf Breeze, FL  32563
> 850-934-8324 (Voice) 850-932-0819 (Fax)

> GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
> http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
> SUBJECT field to the address above.

Mr. Fix-It
rogerfixit@xxxxxxxx; (alternate -(for attachments) -
rogerfixit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  )
Roger G.; Harrisburg, PA 17110
FAX 801-705-3748 ; Tel: 717-763-7098 (shop) 717-652-1703(home)
WebSite-  http://mrfixit.netfirms.com