[TechAssist] Re: JVC Dual Cassette Deck, MD#TD-W103 Parts or diagram

  • From: "William Rayburn" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 21:35:39 -0700

Not normally...  It isn't a common problem that I'm aware of with this unit.
The customer
said he bought it used and one side never worked.  When I opened the case the
pulley
assembly was missing and no pieces of it were found inside at all.  None of the
venting
would allow the pieces to get out so someone must have purposely removed them
from the
insides who didn't know where they went or how to fix it once they discovered
these various
pieces.
I have run across this configuration in decks before and the plastic retainer
merely snaps
in place, unlike the split-ring lock, locking the spring down against pulley by
snapping in
place.  If the retainer is too worn to snap-in I usually put a drop of epoxy on
it to keep
it locked down.  But I need the assembly to do even that.  Just hoping someone
will have one
on a junker or the parts breakdown to identify the part numbers.
I sent it to research with JVC and they haven't come-up with anything in the
past week.

William H. Rayburn, CET
NESDA Member
Premium Technologies