[TechAssist] JVC AV27BP4 HV problem

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 14:38:41 +0000

JVC
AV27BP4
chassis SGX1021A
MFD sept 1993

           Problem Blows HOT (Q542)...  This set belongs to a friend of mine
he complined that it was smoking. Pulled the set apart and the HOT tested
shorted in circuit. Pulling it showed that it had arced from the substright
to the heatsink thru the plastic case. The smoke appeared to have come from
the case of the HOT. Out of circuit it did not test shorted but had a hole
burned in the back. So tried a sony type 2SC4927 (rating on the 2sc4927 was
simmilar to the original 2SD2348) It fluxed up  the HV for about 30 sec
before shorting out. I supose I should probabbly pull the yoke and check for
arcs. but beyond that any ideas what would create enough back EMF to burn
thru the case of the original HOT? I ran out of time before I had to leave
the shop yesterday. Any ideas or an uploadable schematic?

Peter OLiver
Tucson Radio TV

(also out of HOT's as the 2sd1880 that came in sold as sanyo brand were
seemed to be a poor copy from preformace...they have gold lettering and on
the lower line a M and date code 3B6. These transistors overheat very
rapidly and shortout. tried one in a diffrent set that used a D1878 the
suspect batch D1880  heated very rapidly (in a CTC187 for 26") Putting in a
C4927 ran very cool)

Classifieds! Buy or Sell!
http://sell.tech-assist.org