[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi AP23 chassis, 50UX10/11 projection TV,no color

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 10:38:36 -0400

Gentlemen:
A quick test to see if your problem is in the comb circuitry is to
simply connect a DVD player to the S-Video input line and see. This
S-Video bypasses the comb completely. If symptom stays,it's not in the
comb.
Phil Bader

peggs wrote:

> WinStips has quite few tips for no color.......
> zd306
> zd307
> comb filter kit......... C001 10uf/16v, C201 1uf/50v, C217 1uf/50v.
> Leaky 2d-7004
> Defective M-301
> Defective X-501 & C-508
> Zd7004 Leaky, X501, C508, M301
>
> Peggs
>
> At 01:30 PM 6/3/03, Kevin wrote:
> >This Hitachi projection TV has no color, only black and white.  Does
> >anyone have tips for this particular set?   It is a service call 10
> >miles away and the customer doesn't want the set moved if at all
> >possible.  I do have the schematic so I will study it before I go out.
> >TIA
> >
> >Keviin Wilks
> >Kevin's TV & Video Repair
> >Penticton BC Canada
> >kevintv@xxxxxxx
> >
> >*****************************************************************************
> >The Tech Address Book:
> >http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.html
> >Add a Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
> >http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/main.html
> >Lost Password:
> >http://www.tech-assist.org  and select "Lost your Login Info?".
> >Email Archives:
> >//www.freelists.org/archives/techassist/
>
> Peggs' Electronics
> 1519 West 2nd Street
> Owensboro,KY 42301
> 270-926-4968
> fax 270-686-7399
> peggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> The Tech Address Book:
> http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.html

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
Fax (863) 299-8821
email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx