[TechAssist] Hitachi 50ES1K, AP31 "shuts down"

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:54:36 -0400

Customer said the set shuts off. I pushed power. heard a click.then
another click. I unplugged all three anodes from the top of the fly and
covered the holes with tape.I inserted my HV probe in one hole and
powered it up. Measured about 25KV. After about 20 seconds, click, shut
down. Seemed it stayed on longer this time. I put back all the anodes
and the set has been on and working about 15 min. now.Looks pretty good.
Convergence seems OK.I guess I need some sym-cures on this chassis for
intermittant shut down. Hard to test this type of intermittant.
Phil Bader

--

Philip Bader
Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)