[TechAssist] Re: Hitachi 31 in. TV 31KX6B shuts off after about 30 min.

  • From: "Glenn Larkman" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 11:39:04 -0700

Phil,

You didnt say if set was going to HV shutdown or just turning off.
Do you have to cycle the power switch to reset the shutdown latch?
What happens when you run the set with the CRT board off the tube??Any
leakage???
I hope you dont have the same problem I have with a similar set in my shop
right now but mine has your symptoms and the problem is the tube.
I can rap the tube neck lightly and throw the set into shutdown. Isolating
the heaters has no effect.
Customer is a little bummed out right now.....

Glenn Larkman
Audiotech
256 Nth Hwy 101
ENCINITAS CA 92024