[TechAssist] Hitachi 31 in. TV 31KX6B shuts off after about 30 min.

  • From: Philip Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 13:43:37 -0400

Customer said it shut off in 15 min.
I researched the chassis and replaced the two caps in the SMPS area,
C733 and C612 both 220mfd@ 6.3V.They are supposed to cause shut down
issues. I also resoldered throughout the chassis of any suspicious
solder. I then noticed a slight tic-tic-tic sound from the front area
when powered on. I could see a slight static arc from the front speaker
frame over to the front black metal grille.The grill was "floating"
ungrounded and static built up being under the CRT frame.I connected a
small wire from the grille inside the set over to chassis frame and
seems to bleed off the static OK.
Well, all for naught! After 30-45 minutes it just shut off. Push power,
turns on again with good pix. Then shuts off again sooner. Tap chassis,
doesn't seem a lose connection.
Need input!!!
Phil Bader
--