[TechAssist] Re: H. P. Monitor (D5258A)

  • From: Gary McCartney <number63@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 23:17:20 -0500

I just finished scrapping out one of these monitors tonight. It wouldn't
start, just heard tick, tick, tick. The HOT was shorted, but I didn't
bother trying to repair it because the CRT had a burn mark right in the
center of it, as if someone tried running it without the yoke connected
(someone had been in there, I could tell).

I am looking at the main board now. It appears as if the B+ comes in to
the flyback on pin 1 through D402, through the winding to pin 2 where it
goes to the HOT collector. If you get 187V on pin 1 and only 5V on pin
2, measure the winding between pin 1 and 2. Of course it is possible I
am wrong and my flyback could be shorted pins 1 to 2. Also check D402 if
that is indeed the B+ line.

note* I also get continuity from pins 3 and 4 to pins 1 and 2 but at
this point, I don't know if that is normal or not.

If you need me to look at anything else on this board or if you need any
parts off it, let me know.

Gary McCartney

McCartney Electronics
7134 Fife Rd, RR 7