[TechAssist] Re: Guide + and RCA

  • From: "Ed Gaidies" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:21:47 -0500

Here is the answer I found this morning.
Rogers Cable has been purposely (according to them, not intentionally)
blocking Guide+.

Since Rogers wants everyone to go digital, and generate their own guide,
they have told some customers, that since they are only on the basic system,
would have to upgrade to Digital. I made a few phone calls this morning to
other shops in the area, and they have the same story being told to their
customers.

So I phoned Rogers Head Office this morning, and they said that they are
working on it to restore it. I threatened to call the CRTC about the matter
if it was not done in a timely manor. He assure me that it should be back
within a week to a week and a half.
    Man I hate that when big companies try to shove stuff down your throat
just to sell you up to something that you don't need.

Apparently Guide+ and RCA know about the scam, and are working to resolve
it. We will let the big conglomerates work it out.

Now, next on the agenda, Call Future Shop, and tell them not to give out
mis-information.

-Ed-