[TechAssist] Re: Gibson longshot

  • From: "Stefaan Van Slycken" <vanslycken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 22:09:39 +0100

Hi Mark...
I guess you're talking about a tube guitar amp... there's a nice forum over
at www.ampage.org (or www.firebottle.com/bbs) - it would be handy if you
have a type of some kind.  Some schematics are at
http://www.gibson.com/relations/schematics/
Maybe the first thing to try is to move every resistor a bit and see if none
of the legs break off, they might look ok but be corroded inside...
From your description i take it you have tried swapping tubes?  Seems a bit
odd both vibrato & reverb aren't working...

Stefaan Van Slycken
Van Slycken Elektro - Waasmunster, Belgium.