[TechAssist] Re: Ge 31 '' Tv Ctc177cc chassis

  • From: "C&W Electronics" <c_w_electronics@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 22:31:36 -0500

If you haven't repaired the tuner wrap, do that first. C4105(10/200v) would
be the most likely problem. Check the esr.

Make sure the heat sink is clean and apply ample heat sink compound. (if
it's not clean, the IC will run hot) Many like to use the original type heat
sink tape, but I prefer the white silicone grease and it works great.(never
had a repeat failure)

After replacing the IC, check the stand-by voltages specially +140v(with the
set off, but plugged in), then run the set for 10 min, 20 min, 45 min.
Unplug set and check the temp of the reg. Then with the set off, but plugged
in, check the temp at the same time interval.

If the stand-by voltages are out of range or the reg IC is running
excessively hot, trouble shoot the reg circuit.

Paul W
C&W Electronics
Azle Texas