[TechAssist] [Fwd: update: help with belt. Aiwa CX-NMT520U CD/tape/stereo combi,after surge CD tray goesin/out continously]

  • From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:41:18 -0500

Subject: update: help with belt. Aiwa CX-NMT520U  CD/tape/stereo
combi,after surge CD tray goesin/out continously
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:39:34 -0500
From: Phil Bader <philbad@xxxxxxxxxx>
863-299-8821

After some checking,seems the actual trouble may be a bad belt on the CD
tray.If you push tray eject and look down thru one of the three holes
that the CD discs set in,you see mechanisms and a very small pully and
belt that seems to go to a worm gear,all on,and part of the tray.Belt
very loose. First, I need access to the belt. Looks like two tabs on
sides release tray but not quite. Need someone who's been there! -Phil

Phil Bader wrote:

> Tha apartment complex had a power outtage.When power was restored, an
> RCA TV was dead and this little Aiwa cube system's CD tray at top just
> goes in and out repeatedlty,and the carosel turns. All else on the unit
> functions OK as per customer.I'm sure it's not a meacanical switch or
> similar,as the surge brought it on. Not well versed in these units.Help
> needed!-Phil
SUBJECT field to the address above.