[TechAssist] Re: [Fwd: Proscan PS27151 (RCA,CTC169CE2)dead no shorts]

  • From: "Jim Myers" <jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:22:54 -0500

Here's a possibility Phil,
      CHASSIS:
     CTC169

      PART:
     R4715

      CIRCUIT:
     Low Voltage

      PROBLEM:

      Set would pulse three times and quit. The servicer isolated the

      focus screen control and horiz circuit and they checked ok.

      The servicer grounded q304 (collector) and high voltage came

      up. The 9VDC regulator Q4704 was not working (base and

      emitter were 0VDC). R4715 (200 ohm) was open.

      SOLUTION:

      Replacement of R4715 repaired the unit.

Jim Myers
jr.myers@xxxxxxxxxxx