[TechAssist] Re: [Fwd: Magnavox TS2553-C204 (ch# 25V503-OOAA)pix black. has H...

  • From: Quality Video Service <BTSteve@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 08:58:18 -0500

I have a friend that brought me a 13" Maggie that the pix was dark. G2 was very
low.
I checked the cap across the source (on the CRT PCB) and it checked ok.
Replaced it anyway and the set was fixed!
HTH.

Gonzalo N Arrivas wrote:

> Why don't you remove the crt socket off the crt and remeasure the screen
> voltage at the crt board. This will tell you if you have a shorted crt or
> shorted spark gaps.
> also check the focus voltage and see if it is present.
>
> Gonzalo N. Arrivas, CET Pittsburg, CA
> http://www.etechhelponline.com
> Tel/Fax: 925-432-2057

Steve Rumel
Quality Video Service   7008 Long Point   Houston, Tx. 77055
713-956-2400   713-956-2403 FAX   BTSteve@xxxxxxx
Other life   :-)
Col Steve Rumel, CAF
Crew Chief, BT-13A