[TechAssist] Re: Fw: Guru opinion needed on Norton Vs. using Gates firewalll

  • From: "Premium Technologies" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:39:21 -0700

Norton has much better protection, with updating, than the bundled feature of
XP....
It was probably not Norton slowing you down anyway but some pesky spyware.  If
you have
something like Spysweeper try this: restart your computer in safe mode and then
run
spysweeper.  It then is able to look for trojans that are not running otherwise.
Bill

William H. Rayburn, CET
NESDA Member
Premium Technologies