[TechAssist] Fixed:Samsung multisystem TV Brite partial retrce blank raster CS29D8WT KS2A29D8

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 21:09:49 +0000

   Set fixed needed:
        IC501 STV5109 (from HB)
        R519 (on CRT board, Looks like a coil color code red red black)

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Samsung multisystem TV Brite partial retrce blank
raster CS29D8WT KS2A29D8
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 01:53:36 +0000

Appears getting one might be intresting, will have to check tuesday, from my
catalogs it appears that HB lists at $3.75, Dalbani $3.90 (.....), Herman
$17.xx, Samsungparts.com $21.xx. MCM, Tritronics, excel, mat, don't list.
The OEM of the part, STmicroelectronics lists as obsolete (seems like
manufactures are building new sets with parts that are obsolete and no
longer produced, guess that guarentees obsolencence; set is 18 mo old!)
samsung part # appears to be 1201-001687   But that is as much as I can get
with out a schematic

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
raster CS29D8WT KS2A29D8
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 21:26:31 +0000

Seems to be IC501 on the CRT board. Pulled it and inspected it and it has
leaked and cracked. JEDIC Part # is STV5109 Guess I'll have to order and see
what else is up.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Ron Miller d.b.a. Country TV" <rlmbkm@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
raster CS29D8WT KS2A29D8
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 22:08:23 -0500

I would first check the B-boost ( 200vdc) going to the video output
transistors on the crt pcb, if missing you would have that symptom.

Country TV
Ron Miller
Inez, TX. 77968