[TechAssist] Fixed: Samsung TXN2771HF dead blown HOT

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:23:20 +0000

The TDA6111Q came in for IC503 and it worked so the set is behaving itself
right now.
Final parts tally:
Flyback
HOT
IC503
L502

From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Samsung TXN2771HF dead blown HOT Update
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:47:42 +0000

Almost there 1 more part to replace:

Have Replaced:
HOT
Flyback (the old one rang in the 20's the new one in the 40's)
L502 (220V supply on CRT board)

Will need to still get:
IC503  (TDA6111Q)  -shorted-smoked

After repacing flyback and HOT set came on with sound but with a bright
white-retrace raster
The Volatge on the Screen measured low (still does) and the cathode voltages
were only 13V
Traced that supply to L502 33uh  replacing it caused smoke to curl  up from
IC503  removing IC503 and replacing again L502 gave a picture (less blue
since it is the blue drive)

Thanks to those who have helped with schematics & parts

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: Al Gutz <alg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Samsung TXN2771HF dead blown HOT
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:52:24 -0500

Peter
The 32" version of that chassis uses KSD5703. Likely fly is bad also,
use a sd1880 to test. Under warranty they also recommend replace the
horz drive transformer.

Al G
Al's TV-Electronics
Pembroke Ont.