[TechAssist] FIXED Panasonic, Md#CT2502H-1W, Chassis APEDP290 Hotel Model

  • From: "Premium Technologies" <premtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:46:16 -0700

This unit came-in dead, would click and buzz depressing power button.
Regulator shorted (STR58041A) and HOT shorted B to E (2sd2539).  Additionally
protection diode D825 (TVSSR2KLV1) broken in half..  After replacing regulator,
HOT and diode unit would click but not power-up.  It would click when
depressing the pwr button and unplugging the unit I could hear the audio bump
as it powered down.
Found I had used a standard STR58041 not "A" and "A" is imperative.  It is
noticeable that the "A" suffix is under the lettering on the component itself.
Replacing regulator unit fired-up no problem.
Bill

William H. Rayburn, CET
NESDA Member
Premium Technologies