[TechAssist] Re: Dual Tunrtable model 1214 won't pick up arm at end ofrecord

  • From: "Peter oliver" <oliver_peter1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 19:23:10 +0000

Usually it is either a stuck lever or the trip arm not pushing right. My
favorate solvent is WD-40 to remove the old grease then relube with syntheic
oil (ie 5w-15) some times a bit of white lithium grease too. Generally all
of the levers trips etc need to be able to move freely. Might have a paper
copy of the manual (we were doing dual warranty at the time these were new)
but usually the manual is not that helpful on these, they are just
mechanicly rather elabrate for a turntable. My father is actaully at the
shop today who is the real expert when it comes to these.

Peter Oliver
Tucson Radio TV

From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Dual Tunrtable model 1214  won't pick up arm at
end of record
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:56:25 -0400

I can't tell you specifically about the Dual, but usually there is a lever
that the arm under the turntable pushes against at the end of it's swing.
Most problems are caused by dried grease/oil that won't allow trip levers to
move like they should. I have used tuner cleaner as a quick way to find that
type of problem but after locating it, you need to disassemble it and clean
it. Then oil it if it' is supposed to be oiled, but some are supposed to be
dry.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH