[TechAssist] DVD player mod kits

  • From: "OrpheusComputing.com Repair" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TechAssist" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 05:18:35 -0600

[Not many may have seen this since it was posted over the
weekend.  Giving it another shot.  For the couple that
replied, thanks again].

Hi all, I got a KLH DVD player for my parents, and it does
not play "The Matrix" DVD.  I found out this is very common,
that there is a 'problem' with the DVD and many players
cannot play it.  KLH said it would cost $35 to 'upgrade it'.
I am not familiar with DVD mod's, but I know there are many
websites regarding this.  Does anyone know if this is
something I MUST get from KLH, or can the 'upgraded chips' be
found elsewhere?  From what I understand, you send the
existing chips to KLH and they send new ones back.  They are
two eeprom chips that evidently from what I understand, they
re-program.

I doubt anyone is familiar with this unit, but by some chance
if you are, it's DVD1000 (Or DVD-1000) and the chips are U1 &
U17.  If anyone knows of any websites or companies that sell
these chips for less, or will re-program them for less,
please let me know.
Thanks,
-Clint

God Bless Us All &
Happy New Year
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://OrpheusComputing.com
http://ComputerHardware-ConsumerElectronics.com
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fax: 209-882-9602
4orpheus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  (alternates)
orpheuscomputing@xxxxxxxxx
(PLEASE include our previous correspondence
if replying to this email!!)

SUBJECT field to the address above.