[TechAssist] Re: DVD Copying Software

  • From: Al Gutz <alg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 22:54:51 -0500

Ski
 Just saw a press release on this last week. The gov had passed an
amendment to the copyrite act that made it illegal to make a copy of a
dvd for any reason. There was an offshore company that released a
program to directly copy dvds. The fbi grabed one of the eexcs of the
company while he was viviting the us and thew him in jail. The supreme
court just ruled that the law was unconstitutional because a person is
allowed to make a copy of anything including a dvd for archive purposes.
I would suspect that shortly you will see a flood of dvd copy schemes
hitting the market shortly.

Al G

Chris Gorsch wrote:

> Hi there was some questions on this subject on the forum over the week end.
> I'm throwing this in for what it's worth
> Ski
> BLESS AMERICA, PLEASE GOD!
> SKI-CHRIS GORSCH
> ZACHARY, LA.
> cgorsch@xxxxxxx  If Replying, Please Include Copy of Message
> "Whatever it is the government does, sensible Americans would prefer that
> the government do it to somebody else."-- PJ Orourke
> Hollywood targets DVD-copying upstart
> Blogged by Andrew @ 12:28PM / Linkback / Comments (1)
>
> Seven major studios filed suit against 321 Studies, maker of DVD Copy Plus
> and DVD-Xcopy - two software titles made by the company that allows people
> to copy DVDs. It will be interesting to see what happens here, hopefully 321
> Studies comes out with the win.

Submit A Repair Tip For Everyone Here: