[TechAssist] Crosley (Philips) CP4690 PTV420 Convergence Problem

  • From: "Corey Brazell" <cohbraz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 14:49:27 -0400

I am working on this Philips made Crosley PTV, model CP4690, chassis PTV420.
They blue and red convergence was wrong, and would not adjust through the
customer menu. The picture was also wider than it should be. I pulled the
convergence board and brought it to the shop. Inspecting the convergence
board, number A10435-D004, I found fuse F3 open. None of the output
transistors are leaky or shorted. I don't have a schematic for this unit,
and have never worked on one of these conv boards. Does anyone know if there
is anything else I can look for that would cause this fuse to open, or what
circuit(s) this fuse protects?
Thanks in advance,
Corey Brazell
Audio Video Electronics