[TechAssist] Re: Crosley CC27760 chassis 27E502 - Repeat failure of H.O.T.

  • From: "Gemini Computer & TV" <geminitv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:10:50 -0400

Check C505 first. You should use a good quality replacement for Q502. If it
still fails, then I suspect a bad FBT. See the following:

If an overvoltage condition develops, the collector of Q530 or Pin  5 of
IC530 will go high.  This increases the voltage on Horizontal  AFT line
causing the Horizontal frequency to increase.  This may be caused by the
130V B+ supply reading high or by a defective IFT.  If the 130V supply reads
OK, then check the 200V source to the CRT board.  If this source is high,
replace the IFT.

Bob Waterman, CET® #RI-28
Master Technician License #9109
Service Manager / Parts Manager