[TechAssist] Re: Cleaning Coke from chassis ?

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "DEECMAY@xxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 20:53:25 -0800

I have cleaned many TV chassis by throwing buckets of hot water over
the entire board. All the parts are water proof. Sometimes a paint
brush and soap (or window cleaner) is needed to remove some stuff.

Put a plastic bag over the CRT board to keep water out of the focus
arc gap (unless this board is really dirty and you don't mind heating
the CRT socket for a while to dry the insides out.

Finish with a hair dryer or portable heater. Make sure to apply plenty
of heat to the bottom of the flyback (sometimes water gets between the
bottom and the board and takes a while to dry out).

--
Best regards,
 Bil                            mailto:tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx

Saturday, December 14, 2002, 8:22:07 PM, you wote: