[TechAssist] Re: Classic tubes need 5y3GT

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 13:58:02 -0500

You can make a close approximation to the resistor value if you have a tube
manual showing the volt-amp characteristic curve chart for the tube. The
equivalent resistance is the slope of the curve at the operating point. The
slope is the ratio of a small voltage change to the resulting small current
change. Then the actual wattage is current squared times resistance (from
the slope calculation). Usually double or triple the resistor wattage to
make the resistor run cooler.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave