[TechAssist] Camcorder-Panasonic PV-DV200D

  • From: "Tiberius Kraemer" <ty1k@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Repairworld listbot" <listbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:27:37 -0800

Got myself into a mess again.

Customer brought a Panasonic PV-DV200D Digital Camcorder in for repair.

He informed me that the unit had water spilled on it. The complaint was that
the Menu Select Knob was skipping all over and intermittent, and the
"VCR/OFF/CAMERA" Switch failed to turn the unit off.

Found where two ribbon cables are joined, there was definite evidence of
water damage.

This cable is the main cable coming from the control buttons, which of
course include the Menu Select Knob and the "VCR/OFF/CAMERA" switch. Having
cleaned the contamination off of the inter connector and the cables, I
tested the functions, and they work perfectly now.

Problem is that the camera is locked in "IR-FILTER" "EIS" "1x" mode. This
model is not supposed to have the Infrared function.

It does remember the settings and changes, which I make in the Menu, but it
does not change the actual functions.

Any suggestions are more than welcome!

By the way, I apologies for opening up that Zenith Picture tube can of
worms. I just wanted your opinions. I did not want to be responsible for the
French revolution. >(;o)

Ty

Tiberius (Ty) Kraemer

Blue Star Electronics