[TechAssist] Re: CTC185 - Ch 51 and below are snowy - FIXED!!

  • From: "Danny Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:37:39 -0400

After replacing the CXA1695L IC, I very carefully and patiently began
soldering everything inside the tuner, I also desoldered ALL solder "globs"
and applied fresh solder but not as much to prevent another overflow "glob"
(if there were any to begin with). I resolder all IC pins and coils so
solder would flow onto pad in case there were any cracks on any solder
components pads.  It took 3 hours and my neck is stiff, but all now is
working ok! Patience, patience, patience and rechecking and going over ALL
solder properly and very carefully! Was not easy put it paid off! All is
fixed!