[TechAssist] Re: CCD-TRV103 trouble...

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 16:30:45 -0500

All of the Hi8 camcorders that I am familiar with are capable of recording
in both 8 and Hi8 format. If the Hi8 format is enabled  and you put a
standard 8 tape in, it will just record in the standard 8 format, but it
will record.
You still did not indicate whether the tape was moving in record or if just
nothing was happening when the record button was pressed. This is important.
If the tape is moving in record then this is a problem like a bad connection
or a defective electrical component. If it is not moving it must be a
control panel or record button function switch setting. Since it works in
play it cant be a mechanical problem.
There are two RM-95s. Standard and Service. The service RM-95 has a special
microprocessor but the two remotes look alike. You can convert a standard to
a service by installing the special micro and a couple of other mods. Or you
can just purchase the service unit from any Sony parts distributor. cost was
about $75 U.S. Same price as the standard RM-95.
The only time I have ever had to use it for adjustments was for adjusting
the autofocus after lense replacement. My major use for it was for reading
the emergency codes that tell me what the micro thought was wrong like no
reel pulses or no drum or capstan FG. This  helps in the diagnostics but
doesnt necessarily tell you what is wrong.  I dont believe there is any
adjustment that would keep it from recording.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave
Greenville SC 29609