[TechAssist] Re: Bent light, still the off topic very large projection system th

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 14:44:18 -0500

Peter...called "Digital Light Projector(DLP)"
Philips version is LCOS...not sure of the exact difference, but I believe the
same technology.
DLP was invented and patented by Texas Instruments a few years back.

Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR
263 S Front St
Steelton PA 17113
fax...717-564-4952
www.intrepid-video.com www.tech-repair.net

From: "Hoyt's TV" <hoytstv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TechAssist] Bent light
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 08:58:05 -0500

Something I found interesting but never tried to find out why.
When I did a lot of flying in a small plane, I noticed that our shadow on
the ground had a bright outline around it when we were up a ways. I don't
remember the exact altitude. The first time I noticed it was over Florida,
coming back to Augusta Ga. The highest thing in Fla at the time was a TV or
radio tower at about 1500 feet so we didn't feel the need to get much over
3000, but we did use whatever altitude allowed us to take advantage of
prevailing winds. So we might have been 6 or 8 thousand.  Obviously
something was going on there with the light passing by us.

After that I used to look for it elsewhere when I thought of it and it was
like that whenever I could find our shadow.

Russ Hoyt
Hoyt's TV
Exeter, NH