[TechAssist] Re: Sylvania (Funai-sears) SRT2027 (27" ) Dead worth fixing?

  • From: "Intrepid Video Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 13:29:53 -0500

Peter,
So, in other words, you're looking for tips?
First, check the traces under those resistors..they may have burnt open.
Second, when posting on these, post the model year so it can be compared to a
comparable Funai unit.
Third, www.sears.com will list parts for these, usually Funai's p/n.
Fourth, from Tech Repair CD:
Sylvania\SRT2027\Dead Just hear small start noise\\\\1st Problem R396(220ohms)
& R397(220ohms)burned
D397(8.2 zener) shorted.\2nd Problem Opto IC501 bad. Main B+ should be 43volt
in standby mode and 120 when
on.\3rd Problem Shuts right off Q672 40k ohms leak from collector to base
causing shutdown\\\\\\

SYLVANIA\SRT2027\Dead. No Start.\\\\Replace R396* R397 220 Ohm And Zener D396

Jeff Dougherty
Intrepid Video TV/VCR
263 S Front St
Steelton PA 17113