[TechAssist] Re: Backup disc for Dell computer.

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gary McCartney <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:06:31 -0800

Hi Gary,

Hey, that was my idea! I also use 2 drives for backing up in the same
way. Those HD rack mounts are so convenient, there's no excuse not to
get one. There are a couple more things to keep in mind.

1. Try to keep at least one of the spare drives at another location.
   If there's a fire or theft, you may lose your PC and all your
   backups. Bummer

2. When you set up the backup drives, make sure to place the jumper
   in the slave position. If you test the drive to see if a cloned
   Windows partition boots up ("Master" or "Single" jumper position)
   and forget to place the jumper back to Slave, you may now have
   two unbootable drives.

--
Best regards,

 Bil Green